Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Craft Show is over...

The show went very well. A long evening on Friday and a good day on Saturday. I understand that upwards of 1000 people filed through to see what was for sale. Not bad! I could have sold more but I'm happy with what did go. 

At first I was concerned that I had too high a price on the Birdhouse Christmas Ornament but felt better about it when I saw that people were actually buying them in pairs. So at least for some folks the price was right. I'm guessing too that there were a lot of pairs of Grandkids out there that will be getting Ornaments as part of their Christmas. 

I haven't yet decided whether to do it again next year. It seems that I spent a lot of time this year making stuff for the show and not enough "just for fun". I'll have to think on that some while I carve.

I was working on a new design as I sat there. A spoon with a "Loaves and Fishes" theme to the handle. I wish that I had a couple of them because people really seemed to find them interesting. The spoon is almost done -- I'm sanding and have put the first coat of finish on it. I'll post it as soon as I'm done.  

One from the Bench:  

         You're never too old to learn something stupid! 
 
'Til next time...keep makin' Chips!

3 comments:

Silverlining said...

And the show was where? Sounds like you had fun and you are glad its over. Happy carving to YOU.

Carvin' Tom said...

Thanks for the good wishes.

The show was a Christmas Craft show at a local church about 5 miles from home.

It's not that I glad it is over, it is just that I am anxious to do some carving for myself.

I gave out over 50 cards so maybe there is some more business there.

Silverlining said...

Now is the time for the Christmas carvings! They should be done ahead of time.

May you get plenty of orders!