Thursday, February 24, 2011

I think I finally got it right

The Dove and the Rainbow - rev 4.0
It has taken 4 tries but I believe that I finally have the proportions right for the Dove and the Rainbow.  I had no more than finished...in fact, as I think about it, I had not yet finished...the Dove and Rainbow, rev 3.0 (the one with the cloud) when a friend asked me to make yet another Dove and Rainbow as a gift for her sister.







The Dove and the Rainbow - rev 3.0













The Dove and the Rainbow - Rev 2.0













Over the course of making the 4 iterations of this carving, I have continuously made each the rainbows skinner and skinner always looking for the best dove/rainbow size ratio.  I think that now, finally, the rainbow and the dove are properly proportioned. 


Tell me what you think.

One for the Bench:

            You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than
             you can by what others say about him.

'Til next time...keep makin' chips!

No comments: