Friday, February 19, 2010

Yet Another Lettered Spoon

I can't believe it but this is my *third* posting in the past two days!  I have quite a backlog of carvings to show you and maybe now I can finally get around to getting them posted.

This spoon was ordered waaaay back in November when I was in a local Christmas Craft Show.  I was completely booked and  didn't get around to do anything about it until about the middle of January.  I called to reconfirm and the customer was still interested (always a good sign).  It was to be an anniversary gift for her in-laws.

I normally just use the first initials of the couple on my lettered love spoons -- notice that they *always* interlock -- and then try to come up with a handle shape that will give sufficient support the letters.  It's considered bad form if they break off.:-)

The initials and two hearts were trying to tell me that an "S" shape would work out pretty well.  I suddenly struck me that the couple's last name started with "S".  Well, that worked out nicely.  My first *three letter spoon*.

I met the customer about a week later and delivered the spoon.  Soon after I got home I received a phone call from her husband (the son of the final recipients) with a very nice thank you.  That was nice.

'Til next time...Keep makin' chips!

No comments: