Monday, April 19, 2010

Barry Badhop and Dusty Jowls -- Sports Superstars


I’ve been going through some of the oldies but goodies so I’m going to be post some of them over the next couple of days.

Case in point: Consider Barry here.  Some days it just doesn’t seem like it’s a good idea to get out of bed.  Barry must be thinking just about now since that “easy pick” grounder took a *bad hop* and is currently attempting to replace his Adam’s apple.  I’ve never been in this particular situation, but I’m betting that starting tomorrow Barry will be re-evaluating his choice of activities.  Maybe he’ll decide to take up woodcarving :-).

 

“Dusty Jowls” here may be having similar thoughts.  It seemed like a really good idea -- at the time -- to grab that ball before it could hit the ground but I’ll bet that Dusty will consider all of the possible implications of his actions after this little episode.  That's gotta hurt!

Wow, I just noticed as I am writing this that these photos have dates on them...I did this carving 7 years ago!

I also just noticed Dusty's jersey number..."0".  I guess that fits :-)

"Til next time...keep makin' Chips!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coaching Knothole baseball, we always cautioned the players not to have the glove in that position when attempting to catch a grounder. It might lead to a "local hospital hop".

Nice work.

Mike